An English explorer was taking part in an expedition to the

Don't Touch the Yeti

Himalayas. Led by a grizzled local guide, they ascended one of
the less frequently climbed peaks. Roughly half way up the side
of the mountain, one of the expedition came across a set of large
manlike tracks in the snow.

“Yeti tracks” the guide said with a gruff voice as he passed them,
“One thing you must know before we proceed; Do not, under any
circumstances, touch the yeti.”

The expedition heeded his warning and continued to climb the slope.
Night fell and the explorers set up their tents. In the dead of
night the Englishman awoke to the sound of his tent entrance un-

Half asleep, he looked up to see an enormous eight foot yeti
standing above him. In fear for his life, the explorer jumped up
and ran out of the tent, banging into the yeti in the process.

The yeti, after being touched by the explorer, let out a deafening
howl and began to chase the explorer down the slope.

The explorer ran away from the camp as quickly as his legs could
take him. After he rounded a corner, he looked behind him to see
the bounding form of the yeti still chasing him.

So the explorer continued to run, reaching the bottom of the
mountain in just two days. Exhausted, he paused to rest awhile.
After just a few moments, the explorer began to hear the soft
‘thud thud thud’ of yeti feet on snow. He looked up the slope to
see the yeti still chasing him and only moments away.

The explorer took off again, reaching a supply shack a couple of
miles away, once there quickly buying a mountain bike and pedalling
his way to the nearest town, some fifty miles away. The journey
took him several days over the rough terrain and after his arrival
he checked into a hotel to recuperate. Two days later, the man
left his hotel to see about booking transport back to England. As
soon as he turned around, though, he saw the form of the yeti on
the horizon, bounding towards him at great speed.

Mortified by this sight, the explorer hurriedly bought a car and
drove it away from the village all the way to Delhi. Once he
arrived, the man wasted no time in getting on the next plane to

After his arrival back in London, the man went back to his flat to
recover and to plan his next expedition. He had been there less
than two weeks when, gazing out of a window he saw a familiar,
large, bounding, manlike creature running down his street; the
man couldn’t believe it: somehow the yeti had followed him to

The man had little choice but to run away again, using any means
he could, bike, car and on foot to try to escape the yeti. But
each time he looked behind him, it was just moments before the
yeti came into view.

Eventually the man made it all the way to Edinburgh and from there
ran into the open Scottish countryside. He continued to run but
the yeti just kept getting closer and closer. In the end the man
could run no more.

With the yeti less than a minute away from him, the man finally
stopped and turned around to face the oncoming creature. With the
last of his strength he stood up straight as the yeti caught up
with him.

The eight foot tall yeti towered above the man, who could only
stare in terror. The yeti extended his hand, poked the Englishman
squarely in the chest with one long finger and with a low,
rumbling voice the yeti spoke: “Tag! You’re it!”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *